Here are 10 quick Cubs stats that you may not have known thus far into the 2012 campaign:
- There are 22 MLB players who have batted third in 15+ games; only five have yet to hit a home run, Castro being one of them.
- As a team, the Cubs best day to hit is Saturday (.269 AVG in 3 games) and their worst is Wednesday (.190 AVG in 2 games).
- The Cubs have 12 SB in 9-inning games; four of which have come in the 8th inning alone. This accounts for 33% of all successful stolen bases by the Cubs.
- Although the Cubs are batting only .218 with RISP (6th worst in the league), they have 59 runs with RISP, which is the 10th most in the league.
- The Cubs are the second worst team to bat with two outs; .187 AVG in 182 AB.
- The Cubs are one of three teams who have one or fewer SV (tied for 28th in the league); they also only have had four SVO (tied for second fewest in the league).
- The starting pitchers for the Cubs have allowed six ER with a combined ERA of 6.75 when the pitch count is between 91-105.
- The Cubs pitching staff has allowed 28 ER when there are two outs in an inning.
- When the pitching staff is ahead in the count, the combined ERA is 2.40; opposed to a 7.45 ERA when they are behind in the count.
- The Cubs starting pitchers are one of only two teams to have seven losses and seven no-decisions (PIT has seven losses and eight no-decisions).
The more you know…